Kontomire is the leafs of cocoyam, very healthy and full of vitamins.
- 4 leafs of konyomire
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 koobi (salted dried tilapia fish)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 cup palmoil
- 1 maggi cube and salt for the taste
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cooked eggs (optional)
- 1Wash the leaves thoroughly and cook it with 1/4 cup of water together with the pepper for about 6-10 minutes.
- 2In an earthenware bowl (asanka or apotoyewa) or blender grind your tomato, half of the onion and the pepper. Add the kontomire and grind again. If you are using asanka then there is no need to transfer it to a plate but if you are using a blenda then transfer the mixture to a deep bowl.
- 3Place a pot on fire and pour in the palmoil. Add the onions on low heat.
- 4Wash thoroughly the salted fish and add to the frying onions to give the oil an original Ghanaian flavor. When fish is well fried, take it out and place in the kontomire mixture. Mix well and taste first before you add your maggi and salt.
- 5Add the fried onions and the palmoil on top of the mixture and mix well.
- 6Add the cooked eggs
- 7Serve with yam, plantain, ripe plantain, rice, banku etc... .