- 500g flour
- 155g sugar
- 80g margarine
- 14g baking powder
- 1tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tbs nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 250ml milk
- Oil for frying
- 1In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well
- 2Make a hole in the middle and add the egg.
- 3Gradually add the milk and while adding use a spatula to mix it. It is possible you are not going to add all the milk.
- 4Now use your hand to mix it well. You can also use a handmixer on medium but in Ghana we use our hands.
- 5Cover it for 15 minutes
- 6Heat your oil
- 7Make a small halfsize of a golf ball with your fingers and drop in the oil but be careful not to hurt your self. You can also use a ice cream scoop but scoop only half.
- 8Let it cool and serve with porridge, ice cream or with a chilled drink.