- 4 large tilapia
- 3 scotch bonnet pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 okro washed
- 2 shrimp maggi cubes and salt to taste
- 2 medium onion cut (divide in two parts)
- 1Clean the fish remove all the fins and the gills.
- 2Steam the fish and season it with 1 maggi cube, salt, 1 tomato, onion, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, break 1 pepper and a little bit of water let's say 1/2 cup is enough because the fish already contains water. Mix everything together and steam it for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- 3In a separate pot, add oil, onion, tomato paste and fry it for 3 minutes. Blend the remaining tomatoes and pepper and add it to the paste and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining ginger and garlic paste, okro and cook it for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the cooked fish and the broth stir and taste. Now if there is not enough seasoning you can add more and if the soup is too thick you can add more water. cooked it for 15 minutes more.
- 6Serve your fresh fish soup with banku, akple or ugali, rice etc. ...