- 4 tomatoes thick slices
- 1 medium onion finely slice
- 3 eggs
- 1 or 2 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
- 2 cans of mackerel or smoked one without bones
- 1/2 tsp of curry( the one they sell in African shop smells great)
- Spices (salt and Maggi cube of your choice)
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1Place a pan on medium heat and add oil
- 2Add the onion and fry till is almost golden brown
- 3Add the tomatoes and let it simmer for 5 minutes but continue to stir
- 4Add the tomato paste and the scotch bonnet pepper then continue to stir and let it on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 5This part you can just break the eggs and add to the stew or you can first lightly whisk it in a bowl before adding. After adding the eggs don't stir the stew yet but let it simmer on the low heat for 2 minutes before stirring.
- 6Add the mackerel and stir
- 7Now add the curry and spices for taste and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Enjoy it with rice, cooked yam, potatoes or ripe plantain.